Sunday, February 17, 2008

Day 1 Ant Watch

One day, I went over to my friend, Tina's house, and she showed me her new pets. It was the coolest "ant farm" I had ever seen! That same afternoon, after watching her ants for a couple hours and constantly commenting on how cool they are, I ordered some for us. Can you believe they actually ship ants in the mail!!! Not only that, they are red ants from Hurricane, UT. (It sure brought back a lot of memories went I got them.) Anyways, when you first get the ants, you are suppose to poke 4 holes in the gel with a special tool that they give to you. That is what you are seeing. When the ants were first put into their new home, they were running around like crazy. Climbing the sides and trying to figure out how to get out.
It wasn't until that night that they finally started to dig. By the end of the day they had a nice beginning tunnel.

1 comment:

Bastianclan said...

it took our ants like 12 hours before they started to dig.