There isn't a ton of things to see here in Augusta, especially if you are not into Golfing, which we so are not. (Sorry to you golfers out there, but I'm glad Erik isn't into it, we have enough expenses without golf equipment added into the mix!) My Dad wasn't feeling all that well this day, so he opted to stay behind and rest while we took our very noisy kids and Grandma to the Savannah River Riverwalk! It's actually very pretty! They have a long trail up on a ridge where you can see the Savannah River on one side and downtown Augusta on the other. When we first got to Augusta, we tried to go see the Savannah river and couldn't find it, because first of all we didn't know where to go, and second of all you can't see it from the road. You can't see it unless you go over the ridge. The "ridge" is actually part of the levee system put in place to protect against flooding. We got some pictures of the markers of the water levels of past floods. It's amazing! I can't help but think about the people in Indiana, Iowa, and New Orleans when I see how high the water gets!
Right at the River walk is Fort Discovery. We decided to go there to cool off, since it was so hot outside. It was really fun. They had a demonstration on sound and Karlee is always so eager to volunteer! She was perfect for the demo, she played right into it! If I can figure out how to post videos I'll put it on here. It was awesome!
After we finished at the River Walk and Fort Discovery, we were on a mission to find some fresh Georgia Peaches! Unfortunately, most of the Peach orchards are in S. Carolina and since we live so close to South Carolina we had to settle for fresh South Carolina Peaches. (Just in case you didn't know South Carolina actually produces more Peaches than Georgia, just FYI.) Anyways, we drove another 20-30 minutes to a produce stand in Edgefield County, SC and got some Peaches as another part to our late Fathers day presents. We enjoyed some yummy peaches and ice cream, along with a southern favorite of Hot Pepper Jelly.




2 comments:
I still have not been to the river walk. I really need to check it out. Wow don't you wish you had one of those homes? they are huge and amazing. I would love to have one... In my wildest dreams right? I need to try this Jam.
I'm glad you had a wonderful time with your mom.
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!
Post a Comment