I know, I know! School has been in session for almost 2 weeks now and I'm just getting to the first day post. So sorry, but better late than never!
Elizabeth, 3rd grade
Karlee, 1st grade
Jordan, KindergartenFor the first time, ever, Erik was given the morning off to get his kids to school on their first day. Thanks to the Commanding General of Fort Gordon, all soldiers with school age kids got out of PT that day so that they could get their kids to school. The kids loved this, and Erik loved it too. He has never had the opportunity to do this and he really enjoyed it.


First stop was Jordan's class. He is in Mrs Bakers Kindergarten class. Mrs Baker was Karlee's teacher last year, and we were so happy when we found out that she would be Jordan's teacher too. She is the BEST!

Next we went to Karlee's new 1st grade class with Mrs. Lightner. Karlee had a hard timer leaving Mrs Baker, but we finally got her into her new class. Of course, it helped that Mrs. Lightner came over and gently but firmly led her into her new class. I like her!

Finally, we stopped at Mrs Douglasses 3rd grade class and dropped off Elizabeth. It's crazy to think that my baby is in 3rd grade. I taught 3rd grade music for a year and LOVED it, but I never thought that my baby (whom I was pregnant with at the time) would be in 3rd grade so soon. Elizabeth did really well. She'a is getting better at this new class thing...hopefully that's the case when we move to Ft Campbell!
After we dropped off all the kids, there was nothing left to do but go home and enjoy the silence. NICE!
No comments:
Post a Comment