Monday, August 11, 2008

First Day of School!!!!!!!!!

YES, If you can't tell, I'm very excited! Today is the first day of school and all three of beautiful children excitedly got dressed, ate, posed for some pictures, got on the bus , and rushed off for a fun day! I've gotten more done in the few hours that they have been gone then I have been able to do over a weeks time with my kids home! Imagine what I could do over the next few weeks...WOW! OK, so enough about me, let's get back to the kids. I took pictures of them before school. Later today, I'm going to Jordan's class to give them cupcakes in honor of Jordan's birthday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY JORDAN!), and then I'll get some after school pictures and comments. I'll have to post those later. (I also have pictures from Jordan's birthday party that we had a few days ago...stay tuned for that!)
Anyways, all three of my kids were super excited this morning! No problem getting them to get dressed, eat, do their hair...nothing. At least for today. They are saving the rebellion for later! I'm sure I'll get it many, many, many times before long!This is the kids waiting at their bus stop. It's right across the street from our house. By the way, that ForSale sign is for a house down the street. No, I am not trying to sell my kids! It does kind of look like that though...I guess I should have moved that before pictures, huh? Oh well, thank goodness for photoshop!

The kids didn't quite know what to do when they got on the bus. Their bus driver, who is awesome BTY, was trying to get them to turn around so I could get a picture, but this was the best I could get! Have fun at school kids! I must admit that when I saw all my kids getting on the bus, I might have let a few tears slip, but it was short lived...maybe a little shorter than it should have been. ;)

So I took cupcakes into Jordan's class since it was his birthday today, and I got a chance to go to all three of my kids classes and get pictures of them! It was really fun! And I bet you all thought I would be out partying....shame on you... that's later this week! ;)It was a pretty full day. When the kids came home Elizabeth instantly kicked off her shoes and ripped off her socks and let her feet, that were so used to wearing flip-flops, breath. Karlee started to tell me what a fun class she had, and Jordan just wanted to play with the new toy that he got from the birthday box in class. When I asked them how there first day of school was, Elizabeth said, "It was totally awesome and GREAT!!!" Karlee said "It was so much fun!" Jordan however said, "I don't know!?!" and shrugged his shoulders and went back to playing with his toy. Oh well, can't win them all. All in all it was a very good day. I'm definitely looking forward to tomorrow!

6 comments:

Bastianclan said...

Your kids look so happy Stephanie, Wishing I had a picture of the Sad/Happy Mom. This is one of those moments people tell us we will miss right?

At least we have our picutres right? We can't forget everything.

That is why I have a blog, and why I scrapbooks so I can freeze memories like this.

Bastianclan said...

oh are you sure you are not selling your kids??? I will take the boy for sure!!!!

Jessica said...

I think you should leave the sign in the picture. It will make for a good laugh later on.

Bastianclan said...

Okay so I feel like I have to comment again becasue you added such cute pictures. I love the one with Jordon in his cubby. Super cute!!! It looks like he had a Fantastic B-day even if he had to go to school. Miss Brooklyn came home and was like I don't have any homework because I was so good at school. She was so happy. Poor Kayden came home and had an hour of homework. Comeon it's the first day of school... Poor Kayden. His spelling words have gotten harder too.
Welcome to the 3rd Grade!!!

Staci said...

So Cute,... We all love it when our children go to school. I can't wait for the time when ALL of mine are in school.. enjoy going to the grocery store and shopping and cleaning (etc) on your own!
My favorite thing about school is someone else is getting paid to torchure our children for us, it is called learning, but they think it is torchure! (most days!)
Way cute.. it is fun to see pictures..we miss you!

Correa Family said...

YEAH FOR YOU!! Call me if you get bored! LOL!