Monday, September 1, 2008

I Love My Husband!!

So this morning, Erik was outside mowing the lawn...that's not the (only) reason I love him...just wait! Anyways, he was outside mowing the lawn but he hit something and bent the blade. He comes in and tells me that he has to go buy a new blade for the lawn mower...that's fine. I really didn't care that he bent the blade...that thing was needing to be replaced anyways, but I'm super happy that he is totally fixing it and doing it himself!
Those of you who know me, know that I like to fix things, and put things together, and do all sorts of crazy stuff, that some may deem as man's work. Before you think that I am not allowing my husband to do his share just know that Erik refers to himself as "Mr. Break-it"
With that said, I really don't like to mow the lawn, if I had to I would, but luckily my husband is...well, I wouldn't go so far as to say happy, but more like gracious enough to do it. So anyways, Erik figures out the problem, and finds a place where he can get a new blade, goes to the store (in his mowing clothes, BTY), gets a new blade, comes home and puts it on the lawn mower. He is now tackling our 3 foot high weeds in our backyard (we have had a lot of rain). It was so great to just sit back and let him do it all, I think I may do that more from now on.
So just in case you didn't get it from the title, I just have to say that I love my husband! He is so great. He really doesn't get some of the acknowledgement that he deserves. He works very hard, being the best soldier that he can be, then he comes home and helps the kids with their homework, relaxes a little until after dinner when he helps me clean up and then if there is time we will do stuff with the kids before it's time to get them ready for bed. So Thank You Honey, for fixing the lawn mower and tackling our lawn, and more importantly for reminding me what a wonderful husband, father, and friend that you are!

4 comments:

Bastianclan said...

Awee how sweet. I can't believe you sat back and let him fix that lawn mower. I thought for sure would be all about fixing it. Good Job Erik!! You are the MAN...

Staci said...

It is nice to let them do something for themselves once in a while! You are so good! I love your new background on your blog! Way cute! We miss you!

Correa Family said...

WOW! That's awesome!

BTW, that does "BTY" mean? LOL!!! I luv ya!

Annie said...

Hey Stephanie! I joined the blogging world and created a blog. It is coryannie.blogspot.com. I got my first tag a few days ago and tagged you. SO check it out if you have a few. See ya!