
Our friends the Bastian's went on vacation and we are watching their dogs for them. There is
Zoey, a Beagle about 4-6 months old, and
Ceasar, a Maltese that is very...what's the right word?...polite. He reminds me of a child that comes over to your house and is so polite that he asks nicely for everything, even for permission to go to the bathroom. I have seen the playful side of
Ceasar though finally. Poor Ceasar is resting after Karlee, I and Zoey played with him this morning! Also, our backyard really gets this poor dog dirty, and I'm not the most skilled dog bather. He's usually not this dirty. I'm sorry, Tina. I really did bath Ceasar, but one trip out in the wet morning grass, and you can't tell that I bathed him!


I've been going over to the
Bastians for over a year now, and only seen
Ceasar playful once. Usually, he will barely give me the time of day, and now he follows me every where. The kids are jealous, but they have been getting plenty of attention from the playful puppy
Zoey. Holy Cow that dog has energy!


Her favorite
thing to do is to find something she's not suppose to have and run off with it. If you chase her, she runs even more. It's great, unless it's something you really don't want her to destroy, in that case you do the reverse psychology thing with her and pretend it's no big deal, which is not so easy for kids. She can see through them!
Anyways, we have been having lots of fun with their dogs, but it just reaffirms to Erik (who has refused to help in almost every way, but he made that very clear when I agreed to watch them) that he doesn't want pets. I must admit that I won't miss rushing to clean up the pop before Zoey starts trying to eat it....eeeewwwwwww! *Sigh* Yeah, I don't think I'll miss that, especially when she tries to lick you afterwards! TMI!!!!
8 comments:
Erik is a smart man. :)
We're a no pet house for that very reason (although sometimes I really want a cat).
We don't have pets at our house either. I don't think fish really count. A pet is just like having another child, and that is a big responsibility. I use my allergies as an excuse, but maybe I will give in to a hampster or something...
sounds busy! I have to admit that I have never been enthusiastic about pets-I don't blame Erik one bit.
I just really hope that the girls stay content with our friends pets because Aaron and I have both decided that we do not want any animals other than the fish..its nice to not have to clean up fish poop!!!
Awee I must say they are the cutest dogs ever!!! Awee stephanie you got some really cute pics. They look so happy!!!! Thank you so much for taking good care of them. You got some super cute pics of Zoey and the kids. I love love love the one with her on the play gym or whatever it's called. Super cute. Okay Erik doesn't want any pets but the kids are a different story I bet? They are going to be so sad when we pick up our poo dogs. Good luck with that by the way. Love you thanks again for taking such great care of our missing family.
*Erik thanks for putting up with our Dogs*
We are a no pet house as well. Our poor dog didn't get enough attention and ran away. I think we are better off without animals and sadly the animals are better off without us as owners.
Steph, Did you ever wonder why Tina calls them the "Poo Dogs".. bet ya didn't know it was because Zoey would eat it... j/k..
You are so good to watch their dogs for them.. Dog sitting is always so much fun! I want to go on vacation.. do you want my Golden Retiever next?
You are a very, very brave woman. Dogsitting does NOT sound at all fun to me. I must confess, I am not much of a dog person, so my poor children will be deprived. Naomi will most likely be devastated. She walks up to EVERY dog we encounter to pet it. It's a little scary, really. I try to supervise the activity, but sometimes she sneaks from behind me and pets a strange dog before I can grab her. Luckily, so far they've all been nice dogs...
Post a Comment