Saturday, January 30, 2010

Uh...I think we found the snow.

We woke up this morning to this:
My super scientific method of measuring said almost 6 inches.



The kids only lasted outside for about 15 minutes.
I wasn't able to get any good pictures of the kids playing because I have been sick and didn't go outside. Besides, they really weren't out long enough for me to even get ready. I was lucky to get this much.

Here's something you Utahns will enjoy.
We have just been informed that church is cancelled for tomorrow. Now before you start spouting off about how pathetic that is, you have to understand that this part of the country just doesn't have the resources to clear the snow to make the roads safe. It's a precaution to keep us safe from those that insist on driving in conditions that they can't handle. Besides that it's suppose to freeze tonight and then snow on top of that, and that creates real dangers.

4 comments:

Bastianclan said...

Yes, indeed you found snow. HOLY COW. I'm so sorry you were sick and were not able to enjoy the joys of sledding. I want to take the kids tubbing. Someday when we have enough snow. When it doesn't melt after it falls, or rains. Did I mention Wenatchee has the weirdest snow?

dfaires@jdchs.org said...

Hey Stephanie and Erik! I found you guys. Your family is cute. Can you have Erik call me or email? I'd love to talk (or facebook if he has it?).

Dave Faires

The Fabric Floozie said...

Yup, Snow is very dangerous in states that aren't prepared for it.
I spent most of my childhood in Iceland and all of my teenage years in North Western Pennsylvania. I'm used to lake effect snow. I learned to drive in snow and ice, and am proficient in removing my car from ditches if need be. LOL. But everytime it snows here, I'm scared to take the kids out. People just don't know how to drive in it (since they've never had to) and the city isn't prepared to make the roads safe. Brendan will probably miss school on Friday since Dallas is supposed to get 3ish inches on thursday night :(

Staci said...

I love that you have fun snow.
I have to say.. base housing has improved 10 fold since we were there.. those are nice houses!
Enjoy the snow while you have it.. it wont be long and the humidity will be so thick you can see it in the air.. yuck!