The beauty of the mountains, however, were only accentuated by the mist that formed around them and created that "smoky" look. I am not a photographer by any stretch of the imagination, but I hope that you can enjoy the beauty that we saw in person, at least a little, through the pictures that we took.
We had planned a hike to a hidden waterfall that only the locals know about, but because of the rain we had to settle for the paved trail to Laurel Falls. There was a slight lapse in the rain that morning and we took advantage of the time to hike up there.
The best part about this area was that if you wanted to pay for your entertainment there was plenty of things to do in Pigeon Forge and in Gatlinburg, but if you wanted to escape from the craziness of it all you could drive for 10-20 minutes and enter the beautiful mountains.
I kept trying to figure out why the beauty of these mountains overcame me so much, having grown up around the mountains my whole life, and I realized just how much I have missed being near the mountains. Erik and I, both enjoyed just looking around, the kids, however, were happy to watch movies and skip the whole mountain adventure. Poor kids don't know what they are missing!
So there you have it, I'm all caught up...for now.




2 comments:
OH my Gosh The Great Smokey Mountains are beautiful!!!!
Kind of stinky that it poored. Holy wetness Batman.
I love all your pictures.
I think the one of you and your family in front of the waterfalls needs to go ontop of your blog. Super cute!!!
What a fun adventure your family had.
Hope you really enjoyed it. We ALWAYS went to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge for our family vacations. I love it there.
Post a Comment