Monday, April 26, 2010

My Hero


I was cleaning out Karlee's school folder this morning and I found this. It's funny what kids don't forget.

This happened when we were living in Texas (before Erik was a soldier). Our apartment was next to a huge field that was filled with fire ant mounds all over the place. The kids had learned early on what to look for and what to avoid, but I guess Karlee had walked into it without realizing it. Erik and I were talking by the front door and when we heard the screams Erik took off. As he was running back to the sidewalk, Karlee was in his arms screaming. He put her down on the sidewalk and proceeded to brush the last of the ants off of her legs and clothes, all the while suffering bites on his arms and hands. Karlee was around 2 or 3 years old at the time, but she has never forgotten it. Obviously.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I remember you telling me about this when it happened. Oh, the good old days....when we sat together at church....when I got to sleep at night :)

Stephanie said...

Yeah and I wasn't sleeping, with all my little kids running around!