We are high and dry here in KY. Luckily we have escaped the flooding here. Unfortunately, a lot of people here have lost a lot if not everything when the Cumberland River just couldn't hold any more water and over flowed into downtown Clarksville. Ironically this happened about 24 hours after all the rain stopped, and even though we knew about the flooding in Nashville they weren't really expecting this to happen here.

Here is a look at downtown. There is a street underneath that river of water.

I've walked along this walkway at the River Walk. There is a really nice park somewhere under all that water.

This is the intersection that I pass through a couple times a week as I go to the library and other things in Clarksville. Crazy huh! This picture is taken pointing towards home...UPHILL!!!
For more pictures of the flood go
here.
We did get a few puddles of water compared to this. I took these pictures from our upstairs window. None of the water you see is supposed to be there.


The water in these two picture is one big lake that has formed in the backyard and in the farmers field just behind our neighborhood. If I get a chance to take a picture of our park where the water was up to the seats of the picnic tables I will, but the water has gone down a lot since Sunday, so it won't be nearly as cool.
Wow, I probably should have started with these pictures, because compared to downtown Clarksville this is nothing.
3 comments:
OH wow!!! That is scary. Hey come to high ground. I have a bed here for you!!!!!!
Keep DRy!!!!!!
Happy Happy Birthday Karlee!!!!
Yikes! A little wet I would say!!! Cool pics.
So weird to see Clarksville underwater...since we used to live there. How do you like Clarksvegas? Glad you guys are o.k.!!
Post a Comment