I have been wanting to get bikes for them for a long time, but there was always an excuse why we couldn't. In Texas they were all really young AND we got rid of almost everything to put our stuff in storage, then in Utah we were only there temporarily and everything we were taking with us had to fit in our minivan. Then in Georgia there were no sidewalks and an incredibly busy street behind our house, not to mention the fact that they didn't have any friends in the neighborhood with a bike, or any that I would allow them to go bike riding with anyway. Finally the excuse here was, "we won't be here very long", then it turns out that we will be here longer than we thought so it changed to, "we can't really afford it right now."
Now any of you that know me, know that I am pretty good at finding deals, so that excuse didn't last long. I was looking over my favorite website here (Fort Campbell Yard Sales) and I happen to see some bikes for sale. I see them from time to time, but my problem is I needed 3 bikes not one, and they had to be bigger not the little 12inch ones that come with training wheels. Luckily there was one post that got my hopes up, so I started looking and I was able to find 3 bikes the right size AND the right price. So to make a long story short, my kids are gonna have lots of fun this summer on their "new" bikes!


Now we just need to teach Karlee and Jordan how to ride a bike and they are set!
Lizzy, as you can see, had no problem at all!
Now any of you that know me, know that I am pretty good at finding deals, so that excuse didn't last long. I was looking over my favorite website here (Fort Campbell Yard Sales) and I happen to see some bikes for sale. I see them from time to time, but my problem is I needed 3 bikes not one, and they had to be bigger not the little 12inch ones that come with training wheels. Luckily there was one post that got my hopes up, so I started looking and I was able to find 3 bikes the right size AND the right price. So to make a long story short, my kids are gonna have lots of fun this summer on their "new" bikes!
Lizzy, as you can see, had no problem at all!




1 comment:
WOW!!! you have to be the coolest MOM EVER!!!!
Don't worry the kids will pick up on the bike thing in no time. :)
Your bikes are super cool!!!! Great Find.
Post a Comment