Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Night ...a.k.a. Sugar Fest 2008!

I swear it was just yesterday that my kids said to me,

"Mommy, when is Halloween? We need to figure out what we are going to be!",

and I replied,

"It's not for another couple of months, we have plenty of time before we have to worry about that."


Wow! Where did the time go?!?!?!

The kids had a blast...as usual. How can you not love getting free candy? It's the only day that grown-ups are practically throwing candy at them and encouraging them to have more. Not only that, but we as parents are actually cheering our kids on as they walk up to strangers houses and beg for MORE candy! Isn't it sweet! (pun intended)

That's what Halloween is all about!

And here are some super cute pictures to back me up!
We only went around our circle. When we got back to the house we turned on the light and the kids went to work handing out the candy. They were standing on the porch yelling, "Who wants candy! Come and get your candy!"
Notice Karlee's mouth...full of candy. They weren't just handing it out, they were helping themselves. LOL Notice Elizabeth's big handful of candy...I'm surprised that the candy lasted as long as it did.

They really got into it. The best part was, I didn't have to hand out any candy. It's always awkward for me when teenagers come up and hold out their backpacks already full of candy, and they aren't even dressed up. I want to say, "Oh please! If you are going to go around with a bunch of kids begging for candy, can't you at least make the effort to dress up!"

But enough about that. The point is we had a lot of fun and the kids had just as much fun giving candy out as they did getting it. We really do have a cool little neighborhood! All of our neighbors were really nice!

5 comments:

Bastianclan said...

Yes Halloween is all about the yummy candy. Giggles. Your right parents/adults are all to willing to give you lots and lots of candy. Then we have to hide it all from our kids. That is all they would do is eat candy. They wake up "mom can I have candy?" they eat breakfast "mom can I have candy?" they ask for it all day long. Why oh why do we go Trick-or Treating??? Oh yeah to get lots of candy we have to hide. Giggles. I'm glad you guys had a great time. Love this time of year. Happy Halloween!!!

Correa Family said...

You're kids costumes were so cute! Glad you had fun!

karijean said...

STeph The kids are way cute this year!! I'm glad you had a happy Halloween. Go to facebook to see some more Halloween pictures of the PYne family.

Annie said...

Your kids look great! And I love your carved pumpkins!

Lilet said...

Those costumes are so cute, looks like your kids had a lot of fun! I guess sugar fest is over now until next year... :)