I felt so stupid getting 3 cans of basically the same color, but the guy helping me made me feel better. He told me that some people get 8-10 cans of paint, just to compare. WOW, and I thought I was indecisive!
Anyways, I will walk you through my process:
1. Find a color I like. Get sample paints, and paint my squares. (This step actually took a very long time...lots of in my mind ideas that had to come out somehow!)
2. Check all the "coordinating things" with the colors.
So much to consider.
It still might be. I actually found one that I liked better, but I'm going to check both after I finish painting my kitchen. (My next project!)
3. Decide on the paint and get to work. I had to tape all the molding. It only took me ALL DAY! Let's just say, we used a lot of tape!
Everything is in the middle of the floor, while I paint.
I remembered to take a picture, so this was the beginning of the fun!
And after 2 days of very intense work. Washing walls, putting up tape, and painting we get:
4. Finished product. Are you ready? Drum roll please!
Sounds easy...OK sure. Actually it was a lot of fun. I'd rather be doing this than laundry...and dishes... and housework...you get the picture! I'll catch up on it eventually! Erik has been great though. He's been helping out with everything. Thanks Sweetie!
Well, I hope you like it, and if you don't...Oh well. Can't win them all!




8 comments:
It looks great! Painting is so much work but well worth it.
Stephine your house is amazing. It's sooo nice. I love it!!! I must say I love the blue and white. Giggles. ARe you sure you didn't want to live with blue tape all over??? Come on think of the possibilities. LOL!! You did an awesome job. You house does look amazing. I love the color. I can't wait to see your new floor. It's going to be a new house. Awee I am so sad some day I will get to paint, change my floors etc... I guess until then I will to enjoy your adventures.
Really you did an awesome job!!!!
i love the yellow paint! i looks soooo gooood!
What a project. You were a lot more indepth than I was when I painted our basement, but your hard work payed off. It looks great! I love the contrast with the molding at the cheerfulness it brings.
Steph, It looks amazing..
No one ever tells you that the prep work for painting is so much work! I love it! It looks fabulous. I wouldn't have picked yellow to begin with but the outcome.. Yellow works.. Great Job! AND a big YEAH for Eric for being so supportive! One day in just 15 more years I can paint my own house.. Love the military and renting houses!
Great job! Painting always takes forever but looks great! Actually the painting doesn't take as long as all the prep work! I love the colors you used, it looks great! :)
Wow I'm so impressed! YOu did a great job!
Looks fabulous! I know how much work it is--we painted every room in our house in Mississippi in one week when we were selling it. I'm glad you're doing it now so you can enjoy it before you leave it. You picked a nice color! Want to come paint my white house? I'm still burned out from my last house.
Post a Comment