Thursday, December 18, 2008

Gingerbread Fun!

Oh the fun! I would just like to say, that I have never made frosting for a gingerbread house before and with everything going on it didn't even occur to me that if I just added extra powdered sugar it would help thicken it up. (Something that occurred to me around 10pm that night.) Besides, Tina and I were just trying to get the house put together as fast as possible so that the kids could decorate it. We had a ton of fun laughing as the walls fell over again and again, and the icing gushed out all over my shirt and hands.

After about an hour of failed attempts, we ended up just putting the gingerbread "mounds" away. Tina didn't want the gingerbread houses and so everything was left at my house. I felt bad that the night didn't go as expected, in regards to the houses, and so I decided to finish the houses for my family and hers. It took about 8 hours, and lots of TLC, but here are the final products.

So although it took so long to make it took no time at all to eat!!!
The kids got to enjoy it for after school snack today!







6 comments:

Bastianclan said...

Stephanie they are beautiful!!! Seriously you get a gingerhouse award!!! They both have so much character... I can't wait until next year to see what we come up with.

*I should have known, you have always been better in the building Dept.

**Super Cute Thanks for the beautiful Gingerbread house....

Ps did you try the nerds with the Gingerbread? what did you think??

Stephanie said...

We didn't have nerds on our gingerbread, only on the tinfoil. The kids had lots of fun picking them off and eating them.

Correa Family said...

That's a fun tradition, I haven't made a gingerbread house in forever! I bet lil Mario would love that!

Nice houses, those are sooo fancy!

Cheryl said...

Wow, they look great. That sure took a lot of time. I just take the easy way out and buy a kit. We're done in a little over an hour. But your's has originality.

karijean said...

This looks like a way fun Christmas activity! We are doing this during the Christmas break (Kalli and I) although I am lazy and bought a kit at Costco.

Anonymous said...

Your kitchen turn out so nice. I love the yellow!