Then, Erik and I both looked at each other and said,
"No going back now!"
That night, Erik had to remove all the tack strip that was holding down the carpet, and I had to remove all the quarter round that was in the kitchen and laundry room.
I stopped in the middle of my quarter round removal to take this picture. I'm glad I had the right tools, otherwise, it would have been a lot worse.
We spent the whole day Saturday, putting in the new floor...or at least half of it.
We spent the whole day Saturday, putting in the new floor...or at least half of it.
We will finish, HOPEFULLY, tomorrow. We have to do the kitchen,

laundry room and the hall way.

laundry room and the hall way.
Then we get to move our stuff back in from the garage and our room. Yeah!
Big thanks to the Coopers and Douglass' who watched our kids, and to Kirk and Matt for helping us install the flooring (and their families, for letting them help us.)!
Oh BTW, My knees Hurt!




10 comments:
It looks great!!
wow that looks good!!!!
Awesome! I want to do that to my dining room!
Wow, that looks amazing!! :)
That looks great. I'm sure your going to love it.
Looks great! Hope you guys had a good Christmas. We missed you sorely. Mom and Dad gave us a web cam for Christmas so now maybe we can Skype with you! Love you guys so much!
Wow your floor looks awesome!!! I love it.
Your hard work is paying off....
I bet your knees hurt.
Wow.. You guys are going crazy fixing up the place.. what are you going to do when this part is all done????
Enjoy it for a short time before I start working on the master bath, and finish painting the rest of the house. Like I said in the Title...Home Improvements, Part 1 of 1000
Very nice! We are hoping to do the same to our house some day...It's nice to live vicariously through you for now. Everything looks beautiful.
Post a Comment