Monday, October 26, 2009

Carving Pumpkins

Hey Everyone!

Tonight we carved pumpkins for our FHE activity. I tried something new this year and bought a pumpkin for each child and let them do it all...minus the big-knife-cutting-the-top-off part.

They did awesome.

Seriously, Jordan did 95% of his all by himself. I just made sure that the saw made it through all the cut parts so he could pop them out. Elizabeth even made her own pattern.
After carving the pumpkins, things got a little crazy when Karlee and Jordan tried on their Halloween costumes. I had an old wig from Halloweens past that Karlee put on.
Pretty SCARY!
Meet Hannah "crazy hair" Montana
I finally got them to settle down long enough to get pictures of their finished products:
You can't see it, but on the back of Elizabeth's pumpkin are ghosts, so that when the pumpkin is lit up, the shadows of the ghosts will be seen from behind. She made up the "boo" on the front, but we got the ghost idea from one of our pattern books.

Great job kids, you did awesome!
Now that they can do it themselves (seriously, so much less stress than last year!!!), this will definitely become a tradition!

4 comments:

Correa Family said...

Fun! We carved last night too! Great looking pumpkins!! Your kids did a great job!

Tina said...

Okay do you know what I loved most about seeing the kids carve pumpkins?????

I got to see a little bit of your house. Giggles.

Okay your kids did an awesome job on their pumpkins. I love the picture with Jordan working so hard on his pumpkin.

Okay so what are the kids for Halloween??? Karlee is Hannah Montana Jordan is Batman what is Elizabeth?

What a fun Family Home Eve last night....

Clair said...

I can feel the energy! nice job on the pumpkins- "boo" is super cute.

Brittany said...

Impressive!