Saturday, April 11, 2009

We did everything, including the Kitchen SINK!

*Warning* More home improvements, so if you are sick of them...look away NOW! :)

We replaced the kitchen sink ALL BY OURSELVES! Look at us, aren't we awesome! It actually wasn't as hard as I thought it would be...had I known this I would have done it years ago!
Our old sink was 6 inches deep and we replaced it with one that's 8 inches deep, and a new faucet. Our faucet and sprayer had been leaking for an embarrassingly long time. Long enough to create the habit of leaving the sprayer in the sink so it won't leak underneath...sad I know! The hardest thing about the new sink has been NOT leaving the new sprayer in it.

Here is the only picture I could find of the OLD sink and faucet. (I took this picture shortly after we moved in, hence the wall paper border and white walls!)

Here's the process:
And the final product to compare to the first picture:
What do you think of them apples!?!

6 comments:

Staci said...

Wow.. that is a big difference from the before and after.. you guys did a great job.. how sad to think now you did all that work you are going to move and start all over somewhere else.

Bastianclan said...

Wow Steph look at you... I would never be under the sink... Ever! You are too cute.

Good Job on the new sink. It looks awesome. Now if we can get some water pressure right?

I'm glad you updated it's been a little while... It's nice to see what goes on your in your life. Heaven knows I never talk to you :)

Brandi said...

Now if the city would fix its water pressure problem...

Sylwia said...

i just wanted to say that your house looks great. yesterday, i got to see it all up close and i'm really impressed. i've worked on homes before and ours didn't turn out as professionally looking as yours. you guys did a great job!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... I've been needing to do the same thing, but Karl's never home to help. Now I know who to call! You ARE my Visiting Teacher, after all :)

Winn Family said...

hey--that's fancy--who'da thought it would make that big of a difference?