Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My Imaginative Kindergartener

I would just like to preface this by saying:
1. We have never been to the sea
2. Karlee is deathly afraid of sharks.
3. Apparently, Karlee has a thing for boxes.

Here are two stories that Karlee wrote 100% on her own. The first one was entered into a little story contest at her school. I still don't know what happened with that, but I just got it back from her teacher and thought it was cute. So enjoy!
click on picture to enlarge

Just in case it's too small, or you have a hard time reading it, let me translate:
"One day i wet (went) to the sea. my mom and dad they came to. I love to go to the sea to swim. I see a shark i ran but the shark was nisse (nice) he let me play with him. I had fun then it was time for bed the End."

The second story is my favorite. It was written before the other story. Unfortunately, when we tried to scan it in, part of it got cut off, and the original was tossed before I realized it, so I will tell you at the end what it says.
"I like to play down by the sea. and it is fun but one day i soo (saw) a box in the sea i am a good swimr. I swimd and swimd but i cant get it the box wus (was) to fue (far) so i swimd back i will get it to-day."

I especially like her illustrations. Notice the box has a cool light-bulb-thing on it. I would swim after it too! The box is hard to see on the 2nd page, but it is on the far right side of the illustration...most of it got cut off. Apparently, the fish are carrying it away.

Oh Karlee, you are such a joy. We love having you and your imagination in our family!

4 comments:

Bastianclan said...

Awee so awesome! I love them. Umm apparently you need to move closer to the ocean. Two stories about the ocean I think your daughter is trying to tell you something, How does Hawaii sound?

Hello Stephanie only the scary sharks are scary! not the ones that will play with you. Good Grief did you miss that memo???


Good Job Karlee!!!

karijean said...

What a smart girl!! That is so cool!

Sylwia said...

great stories and illustrations. you guys need to take a day trip to tybee island, so she can experience the real sea!

Colemans said...

How sweet is that!?! Those are such great stories but I must agree...a trip to the sea is a must. Don't you wish you could have the imagination of a child again?! I know I do.