Alright, so I was looking through my blog lists and I came to my friend Kate's blog. She just accomplished a goal that I have had for...uhhhhh...years! I know, that is so sad. It's not even a really difficult goal (for most), but one that I started working on when I lived in Texas 4 years ago.I started working on "running", or for me it's more like a really slow jog.My goal was to run a whole 5K, no walking.
Anyways, back to the confessions...I mean story. When I lived in Texas, shortly after Jordan was born, I started running. I would walk for 45 minutes to an hour, and stop just short of home and "run" the rest of the way. Every time I exercised, I would change my route each time so that I would be farther and farther from home when my music ended. Eventually I was running 1-2 miles without stopping. It was a big accomplishment...for me. BUT then the same thing happens that always happens and LIFE interrupted. We had to prepare for a move. Then we had to move. Then we were displaced for almost 2 months before we started to get back into a routine, this time without Erik. Long story short, I never got back to it.
Now, I'm sure that if I tried to run 1/2 mile I would collapse! And there is way more of me wiggling then there was 4 years ago. My bad!
So with all of you as my witnesses, I'm going to start back again. Sadly, this is not the most perfect timing since we are moving in the next 5 months, but I still need to start.With another birthday down, I figure it's about time to get back to some of my goals, and let's face it...I need the exercise! So...
My goal is to run/jog a 5K without walking!





4 comments:
Wow Stephanie I never knew this was a goal of yours. But I say do it babe. You can do it I know you can.
and Hello you won the biggest looser doesn't that say something?
Sadly this has never been one of my goals.
Did you see the marine mud challenge? Maybe that could be your start?
Go Stephanie Go...
YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WAHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE GOALS! haha!
You DEFINITELY can do it, I never thought I could and miraculously it happened.
If you have to slow down to a jog that resembles fast walking, then so be it! You are out there doing it! :)
okay for real....I had that goal up all last year---(only--minus the no stopping--just complete a 5K....it's still up this year cause it never happened) The truth is I know it's great exercise, and so available...but it's just no fun... But I might get the courage up to post about it too.....maybe....if...I can be brave like you.....but don't hold your breath. ANyway---GOOD LUCK!!!! YOU can do it!!!
Post a Comment